With a portfolio of 22 brands, each of which generates over $1 billion in retail sales per year, PepsiCo owns something of a food and beverage empire.
In the UK alone, this global industry giant employs over 4,800 workers at 11 development, production and distribution sites!
The Problem – no existing post paddings
One particular factory in Lincoln which produces Quavers, Walkers and other crisp-lovers’ favourites, has walkways with low-lying concrete beams and metal pipes overhead.
These heavy duty structural supports – necessary for a warehouse of that size – were a potential hazard to both the PepsiCo workforce and also mobile machinery.
The Solution – creating
David Payne, head of safety support at Pepsi Co UK & Ireland, got in touch with us to help solve the problem. We produced and printed over 100 on-brand protective padding for David throughout 2013:
- 54 custom size column pads in the trademark Pepsi blue with an eye-catching written warning to fit snugly around the low lying pipes and concrete beams overhead.
- With velcro straps the pads were easy to install and also easily removable should a pipe or beam require inspection
- 11 additional safety pads to cover overhead concrete beams, but without the printed warning
- 2 red and black pads for the fire pipes, with velcro straps for fastening
- 3 blue cylindrical pads to hug metal poles within the warehouse and prevent painful collisions
The Results – Custom column padding solution
Not only did our safety pads help protect the PepsiCo workforce – David was also nominated for an award because of his innovative approach to safety!
“I have been awarded a “Make a Difference” award this was presented to me by the head of Pepsi Co UK and Europe at the visit to the Lincoln site; I don’t mind telling you that this came as a complete shock!”
Congratulations David! Celebratory cans of Pepsi all round!